Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/09/25 20:33:21 UTC

Planning to remove rosters from active podlings

All,

This coming weekend (9/29) I plan to remove the roster sections from all
podling status pages.

Podling rosters are meant to be managed in Whimsy.  The roster in the
status page is redundant and end up out of sync.  In place of the roster, I
will be adding a link automatically to all podling rosters.

John

Re: Planning to remove rosters from active podlings

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:53 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm not sure we care any longer if 20
> people sign up as committers, but only 5 show up...

I agree, I don't think we've ever really cared about initial
committers not showing up.

-Bertrand

Re: Planning to remove rosters from active podlings

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
There are some cross checks in the clutch report that indicate whether all
committers have accounts.  It parses the HTML table to figure which rows in
the table don't have usernames.

At this point, the way I'm seeing it flow is we create the proposal with
the initial committers in the list.  When they get accounts, it's up to the
new PPMC to add them appropriately.  I'm not sure we care any longer if 20
people sign up as committers, but only 5 show up, unless there was no other
growth beyond those 5.

John

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
+1.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
+1.

Fwd: Planning to remove rosters from active podlings

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Note that Whimsy detects changes to the JSON files it generates and
sends them to

notifications@whimsical.a.o

Since these are just diffs of the JSON files, it's not always
immediately obvious what group name is involved.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer