Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by gau12 <br...@bt.com> on 2012/11/20 11:37:45 UTC

Trouble sending HTTP request with POST variable

Hello,

I am trying to load test a java servlet that fetches records from an archive
database.

The servlet works as follows:

1-Reads in post variables from HTTP header
2-Uses variables to query database
3-Returns XML

I have setup a test which I want to fire off HTTP requests with post
variables however the test is not working, getting errors with J Meter.

*Screenshot 1 - Shows the structure of the test*

<http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s1.png>

*Screenshot 2 - Shows the CSV file I am reading from*

<http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s2.png>

I have placed the CSV file in the same folder that my test plan is saved in!

*Screenshot 3 - Shows the HTTP request *

<http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s3.png>

This is the error output:

Please help!

Thanks

Re: Trouble sending HTTP request with POST variable

Posted by ZK <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
remove the "HTTP://" from the web server field

ZK

Re: Trouble sending HTTP request with POST variable

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 November 2012 10:37, gau12 <br...@bt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to load test a java servlet that fetches records from an archive
> database.
>
> The servlet works as follows:
>
> 1-Reads in post variables from HTTP header
> 2-Uses variables to query database
> 3-Returns XML
>

> I have setup a test which I want to fire off HTTP requests with post
> variables however the test is not working, getting errors with J Meter.
>
> *Screenshot 1 - Shows the structure of the test*
>
> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s1.png>
>
> *Screenshot 2 - Shows the CSV file I am reading from*
>
> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s2.png>
>
> I have placed the CSV file in the same folder that my test plan is saved in!
>
> *Screenshot 3 - Shows the HTTP request *
>
> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5715355/s3.png>

As its name indicates, the field "Server name or IP" should only
contain the server name or its IP address, not the full URL.

However, as a special case you can use the full URL in the Path field,
in which case server name and port are ignored.