Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Megan Wilhite <mw...@ocm.utah.edu> on 2012/04/25 17:18:50 UTC

your requested URL was not found

I keep receiving the following error "your requested URL was not found"
when I try to access an internet page through a reverse proxy. My
error.log shows the following: RESPONSE: sent (ip address) status 404
(Not Found on Accelerator) for 'http:///'

Here is the situation: we have a webpage that we want the Internet to be
able to see. We can access the webpage from inside the network but when
I try to access it from outside the network I receive the URL was not
found error. We have a DNS entry pointing to the reverse proxy and the
reverse proxy points to the actual server hosting the website.

Also, I can access the website when I use the reverse proxies ip address
instead of the dns entry we created. We checked the dns and everything
is correct.

Any ideas? Is there a configuration I need to make? I believe I set the
correct permissions.

Megan

RE: your requested URL was not found

Posted by Megan Wilhite <mw...@ocm.utah.edu>.
I figured it out. I changed the map rule from "map ip-address reverse server   ip-address origin server" to "map dns entry name   ip-address origin server" It is now working.

Thank you

Yes it's "map ip adress of reverse ip address of origin server"

Posted by Megan Wilhite <mw...@ocm.utah.edu>.

Posted by Eric Balsa <er...@apache.org>.