Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Ricles <jg...@alum.lehigh.edu> on 2014/10/25 00:30:03 UTC

embedded tomcat Defense Information Systems Agency

Does anyone happen to know if embedded tomcat is in Defense
Information Systems Agency list? I know regular tomcat is but I have a
need to use embedded tomcat for what I need to accomplish.

Jason Ricles

Re: embedded tomcat Defense Information Systems Agency

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24/10/2014 23:30, Jason Ricles wrote:
> Does anyone happen to know if embedded tomcat is in Defense
> Information Systems Agency list? I know regular tomcat is but I have a
> need to use embedded tomcat for what I need to accomplish.

It is exactly the same code, just in fewer, larger JARs.

In a logical world that would mean if regular Tomcat was OK, so was
embedded Tomcat but this is the US Federal Government we are talking
about here.

The simplest solution may well be just to use the JARs from regular
Tomcat to do what you want to do. The results will be exactly the same,
you'll just have a handful of smaller JARs rather than a few larger ones
to put on your classpath.

Mark