Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by James Moliere <jm...@ucsd.edu> on 2003/06/12 17:33:55 UTC

RE: Running out of Memory

Carlos,
I used 'set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms100m -Xmx300m' in the Catalina.bat file.  I also
set the environment variable in my XP box where 'JAVA_OPTS=-Xms100m
-Xmx300m'

One more important thing.
I noticed when I started TOMCAT as an NT service, the environment didn't
work well.  When I CDed to the bin directory and double clicked
'startup.bat', things worked well.

I hope this was helpful.
Take care!

James Moliere
jmoliere@ucsd.edu

Posted by James Moliere <jm...@ucsd.edu>.
Carlos,
I never worried about running the JVM in server mode.  I simply responded
quickly because....

" i am getting desperate, and you do not want to see a desperate
developer..."

I agreed, I didn't want to see a desperate developer!!!!
Let me know when you solve the -server problem

James Moliere
jmoliere@ucsd.edu

any idea on how to run it on -server mode? i have not been able to do that
either.

RE: Running out of Memory

Posted by Carlos Orrego <or...@inflexa.com>.
thx very much!!!