Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Gustafson, Tim" <tj...@meitech.com> on 2004/08/26 17:25:47 UTC

Disabling auto learning when USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO rule applies

Is there any way to make SA -not- auto-learn when the "USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO"
rule applies to the message?

I have some customers who I have configured SA to NOT filter for.  These
customers want to receive SPAM because they're afraid they'll miss important
e-mails if they don't.  (Not my choice, just work with me here.)  However, I
know they're getting SPAM, and since they're set up as all_spam_to in the
configuration file, they're all coming up with negative scores, and
therefore a lot of these messages are being user to autolearn.  I think this
is greatly throwing off my bayenesian filters.

Can this be prevented?

Thanks.

Tim

Tim Gustafson
MEI Technology Consulting, Inc
tjg@meitech.com
(516) 379-0001 Office
(516) 480-1870 Mobile/Emergencies
http://www.meitech.com/

Re: Disabling auto learning when USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO rule applies

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:25 AM 8/26/2004, Gustafson, Tim wrote:
>Is there any way to make SA -not- auto-learn when the "USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO"
>rule applies to the message?
>
>I have some customers who I have configured SA to NOT filter for.  These
>customers want to receive SPAM because they're afraid they'll miss important
>e-mails if they don't.  (Not my choice, just work with me here.)  However, I
>know they're getting SPAM, and since they're set up as all_spam_to in the
>configuration file, they're all coming up with negative scores, and
>therefore a lot of these messages are being user to autolearn.  I think this
>is greatly throwing off my bayenesian filters.

The score of ALL_SPAM_TO should not be a part of the autolearner's
decisions, thus this should not be a problem.

Other than expectations do you have any reason to believe the autolearner
is misfiring?

Re: Disabling auto learning when USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO rule applies

Posted by "Scot L. Harris" <we...@cfl.rr.com>.
On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 11:25, Gustafson, Tim wrote:
> Is there any way to make SA -not- auto-learn when the "USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO"
> rule applies to the message?
>
> I have some customers who I have configured SA to NOT filter for.  These
> customers want to receive SPAM because they're afraid they'll miss important
> e-mails if they don't.  (Not my choice, just work with me here.)  However, I
> know they're getting SPAM, and since they're set up as all_spam_to in the
> configuration file, they're all coming up with negative scores, and
> therefore a lot of these messages are being user to autolearn.  I think this
> is greatly throwing off my bayenesian filters.
>
> Can this be prevented?

Why not configure your MTA to bypass spamassassin for those particular
users?  Should be easy to do with procmail and probably a half dozen
other ways.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com