Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2007/08/21 09:56:23 UTC

How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Hey folks,

i really think AMQ is a great piece of software.

Unfortunately, i think the documentation is really not sufficient for new
users.

So, is there a way new users can contribute to the documentation?

E.g.: Fixing errors (found some in various locations), submitting
user-configuration and examples, clarifying certain (confusing) explanations
and so on, fixing different named links linking to the same site......

I especially find it confusing, that the documentation is splitted into
"using" and "features". Many things you would expect to find under "using"
are under "features" and vice versa.....

Some kind of wiki would be great.

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by denez <ib...@yahoo.fr>.
I had to deal with a strong problem and i am also new in ActiveMQ.
I found the solution unfortunately not in the documentation but for a part
here in the list.
I would also like to contribute to give a simple web application that
embedded activeMQ into Tomcat.
I will make the same sample for weblogic.
But how could it be possible ?

Regards,
Denez

Posted by Dingwen Yuan <pd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 22/04/2008, j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

>  Hey,
>
>  sorry for digging out this old thread, but.....
>
>  After this 2 threads:
>
>  *http://www.nabble.com/Simple-authentication-not-working%3A-Unrecognized-xbean-element-mapping%3A-authenticationUser-td16765832s2354.html
>  *http://www.nabble.com/Securing-the-web-console-impossible--td16765525s2354.html
>
>  i wanted to make use of my confluence account to make some improvements in
>  the documentation.
>
>  But i can't edit the pages, the only thing i can do is to "add labels" to a
>  page.
>
>  I am in the group confluence-users.
>
>  Is there a way for normal wiki-user to edit this page?

Sure! We had to close the wiki to anyone due to spam...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

We just need your username & email address you used to register with
confluence to grant you karma.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:07 PM, tpounds <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I seem to be having the same issue.  Is it a requirement to sign the Apache
>  Contributor License Agreement now?

The official line from the ASF is that you first need to file the CLA
to contribute to the wiki:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Once you've faxed this in to the ASF, we an edit your wiki permissions
so that you can contribute.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by jonysberg <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do you know when will release the 5.1 version ?

Thanks.

Posted by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Hey,

sorry for digging out this old thread, but.....

After this 2 threads:

*http://www.nabble.com/Simple-authentication-not-working%3A-Unrecognized-xbean-element-mapping%3A-authenticationUser-td16765832s2354.html
*http://www.nabble.com/Securing-the-web-console-impossible--td16765525s2354.html

i wanted to make use of my confluence account to make some improvements in
the documentation.

But i can't edit the pages, the only thing i can do is to "add labels" to a
page.

I am in the group confluence-users.

Is there a way for normal wiki-user to edit this page?

C'mon folks, i spoke with many people using AMQ (or trying to use AMQ). Most
of them stopped using AMQ after an evalution, because there simply is not
enough and up-to-date documentation / examples.

I think giving users the ability to edit the wiki-pages would lead to a
major improvement in documentation. (To prevent vandalism etc. you could use
some kind of "moderation", meaning changes have to be approved by you, the
developers)

What do you think?

How can we proceed from here?

Re: How can i contribute to the AMQ-documentation?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> i really think AMQ is a great piece of software.
>
> Unfortunately, i think the documentation is really not sufficient for new
> users.
>
> So, is there a way new users can contribute to the documentation?
>
> E.g.: Fixing errors (found some in various locations), submitting
> user-configuration and examples, clarifying certain (confusing) explanations
> and so on, fixing different named links linking to the same site......
>
> I especially find it confusing, that the documentation is splitted into
> "using" and "features". Many things you would expect to find under "using"
> are under "features" and vice versa.....
>
> Some kind of wiki would be great.

You'll need to create yourself an account in the Confluence wiki here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ

Once you have a wiki account, you can begin contributing to the docs.
The content in the wiki is auto-exported to static HTML that is used
for the website here:

http://activemq.apache.org/

Bruce
);'