Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abhijit Chanda <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 08:20:31 UTC

portability between enterprise and community version

Hi All,

Is it possible to communicate from a  datastax enterprise edition to
datastax community edition.
Actually i want to set one of my node in linux box and other in windows.
Please suggest.

With Regards,
--
Abhijit Chanda
VeHere Interactive Pvt. Ltd.

Re: portability between enterprise and community version

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
Dne 13.6.2012 11:29, Viktor Jevdokimov napsal(a):

> I remember that join and decommission didn’t worked since using
> streaming. All problems was due to paths differences between Windows
> and Linux styles.

what about to use unix style File.separator in streaming protocol to
make it OS-independent? Its simple fix. I want to mix windows and linux
nodes too.

RE: portability between enterprise and community version

Posted by Viktor Jevdokimov <Vi...@adform.com>.
I remember that join and decommission didn’t worked since using streaming. All problems was due to paths differences between Windows and Linux styles.

So how do you move keyspaces? Using streaming (join/decommission), or manually?

Best regards / Pagarbiai
Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com<ma...@adform.com>
Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider<http://twitter.com/#!/adforminsider>
What is Adform: watch this short video<http://vimeo.com/adform/display>

[Adform News] <http://www.adform.com>

Posted by Abhijit Chanda <ab...@gmail.com>.
Viktor,

For .NET currently i am using Datastax Community version as DSE can't be
installed in windows. And due to absence of DSE i m not able to use solr as
an integrated part of Datastax. Thats why i was looking for the mixed
environment so that i can use the features of DSE.

Abhijit Chanda
Software Developer
VeHere Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
+91-9748888395

RE: portability between enterprise and community version

In my case i have a project in which both java and .NET modules are there. For Java i m using Astyanax API and for .NET Fluent Cassandra. I am using DSE 2.1 for development purpose as i need partial searching in some of queries, which i m doing with the help of solr which is integrated in DSE latest versions.  And this is working fine for all the Java modules, but i want the same for .NET modules also. Thats why i was looking for a mixed environment.
Finally i want to ask whether i am moving in the right direction or not? please suggest.

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "R. Verlangen" <ro...@us2.nl>.
@Viktor: I've read/heard this many times before, however I've never seen a
real explanation. Java is cross platform. If Cassandra runs properly on
both Linux as Windows clusters: why would it be impossible to communicate?
Of course I understand the disadvantages of having a combined cluster.

--
With kind regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Software engineer*