Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jacek Furmankiewicz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 18:58:32 UTC

Server.userException question

We have an old weblogic app still running on Axis 1.2...recently it got an
exception like this:

2009-06-30 04:03:58,411 INFO  org.apache.axis.enterprise  - Mapping
Exception to AxisFault
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File not found
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.FileNotFoundException:
File not found
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source)
	at weblogic.utils.zip.ZipURLConnection.connect(Handler.java:75)
	at weblogic.utils.zip.ZipURLConnection.getInputStream(Handler.java:53)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:146)

Our production guys run the servers with outbound connections BLOCKED
(only inbound are allowed).
Would this cause issues for Axis? I am guessing in this case it was
trying to reach the schema URL
(http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/) and was unable to reach it...

Just trying to guess why this intermittent exceptions pops up every
now and then....

P.S. I am more than willing to try to upgrade this old app to Axis
1.4, but maybe there is a requirement that servers
must allow outbound connections for Axis to work properly, which could
be the core issue here. Any clarifications
would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jacek