Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Hencin <mi...@edm-concepts.com> on 2006/11/06 17:14:29 UTC

preserving files/folders when updating an app

I have not been able to find a way to protect files from being
removed/replaced when we apply a new war file update. This is the  condition
I want to have.

After installing our web app, I want to be able to save or modify files used
by our web app. I am thinking of either css files or a directory with a
structure in it, like folders holding attachments.

These files need to be with in the web server space, so they can be reached
via url or to reach the css files. Users may be able to modify the css file,
and change the look of some html. But then if we give them a new update, and
they do not remember to backup those files, the new war file would delete
them.

Any thoughts?

Michael Hencin

Enginuity Development