Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JOEL VOGT <jo...@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au> on 2001/04/04 14:26:18 UTC

Javascript and struts

Hi all,

I have a simple login form. When the user clicks the submit button, I
want to open up a new window using javascript. This window will have no
back button etc for the user to play around with.
This works fine, I get my window okay and it displays properly, the
problem is it still displays a duplicate in the original browser window?
Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks, Joel.

Re: Javascript and struts

Posted by kreimer <kr...@bbs.frc.utn.edu.ar>.
return false in the event handler js code:

<input type="submit" value"ok" onclick=".............
window.open();
.............     return(false);">

Re: Javascript and struts

Posted by Jens Rehpöhler <je...@rehpoehler.de>.
Hi Joel,

only to make sure I understand you correct:  You use in you page

<input type="submit" name="foo" value="submit" onClick="openNewWindow();">

In the openNewWindow() function you call "form.submit()"?

If the above is correct you can try two things:

  1. add a "return false;" to your openNewWindow() function.
  2. change the type from "submit" to "button".

Hope that helps;

Jens

--
Jens Rehpöhler