Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> on 2019/03/19 06:52:07 UTC

How to debug NetBeans itself

I am trying to find the root cause of a NetBeans bug (NETBEANS-2240) but I have no idea on how to do that.

How do I open NetBeans from within NetBeans?
I can see about 1000 individual nbprojects (for each module I guess) when I check out the source from Github but no "overal" project that would enable me to open "everything".

What I would like to do is to run NetBeans in debug mode open my projects that cause the error and investigate the line where the NPE is thrown.

I went through the Help and FAQ pages on http://netbeans.apache.org/help/index.html (and https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website-cleanup) but everything seems to be geared towards creating a plugin/module rather than debugging the complete IDE.

Thanks
Thomas

Re: How to debug NetBeans itself

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.