Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gunter Miessbrandt <mi...@ixtern.de> on 2002/01/15 10:04:51 UTC

multi-design app

Hi!

First i try to explain what i want to develop:

The target of my project (called xaptor ;-)) is a framework on top of
turbine which
allows the user to simply develop an application with totally different
designs but
with the same process logic. So if someone request
http://www.server.de:8080/xaptor/servlet/xaptor/template/Index.vm dependent
of
the actual user setting in the database or somewhere else the screentemplate
in /templates/app/screens/selecteddesign/Index.vm with the screen
...de/ixtern/xaptor/modules/screens/selecteddesign/Index.java if available
or
...de/ixtern/xaptor/modules/screens/Index.java if no special screen for this
design is defined, will be responsed.

My first idea was to write my own TemplateService. The problem i have is the
access to
the actual request to get the current user.
Any other ideas, how i can solve this problem???

I have no problem to make this project open source if someone is interested
and if
the result is rather usable ;-). But i have just started!

Thanks
Gunter Miessbrandt

Excuse my bad english!

ixtern Software + Systemhaus GmbH