Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by sys8284 <sy...@hotmail.com> on 2013/02/19 09:01:45 UTC

Acknowledgement from broker

Hi

I am sending amqp messaging using qpid 0-10 c++ messaging::send api.

I am setting the "sync" parameter to "true".This blocks the call until an
acknowledgement is received from the broker.

Can we set any time limit for the blocking function ?
Currently this is blocking until an ack is received from broker.

Thanks
Sree.

Re: Acknowledgement from broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/19/2013 08:01 AM, sys8284 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sending amqp messaging using qpid 0-10 c++ messaging::send api.
>
> I am setting the "sync" parameter to "true".This blocks the call until an
> acknowledgement is received from the broker.
>
> Can we set any time limit for the blocking function ?
> Currently this is blocking until an ack is received from broker.

No, there is no support at present for a time-limited blocking there.
However you can set heartbeats on the underlying connection that will
ensure that a dead connection is 'noticed' within a configured time, and
that will cause any blocked send to fail.