Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by "massimiliano.masi@gmail.com" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 13:55:18 UTC

SecurityTokenReference and SAML HoK NPE

Hi All,

I have a wsse:Header like

Timestamp
Saml2 Assertion (without Subject Confirmation Data)
ds:Signature with wsse:SecurityTokenReference the SAML2 ID, signing the
timestamp.

It's basically a ws-securitypolicy layout.

When validating the signature, I have troubles. If both Callback and
subject confirmation data is
null, I have an NPE in SAMLUtil line 264 (version 1.6.6)

            Element sub = subjConfData.getDOM();

which is null.

--
Massimiliano Masi

http://www.mascanc.net/~max

Re: SecurityTokenReference and SAML HoK NPE

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Just to check - are you raising a bug, or just the fact that it should
handle the exception properly? Could you attach the stacktrace + failing
message?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh