Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/09/09 06:49:32 UTC

Re: is anyone working on integration with Derby yet?

I have been tracking the Derby lists and brought it up there but did not
get any comment. It already does XA and I believe they have a connector
so there may not be much to do except a GBean wrapper.

I would like to propose we switch to it rather than Axion for the
embedded database we include in the distro. However, Derby takes quite a
while to initialize a db so it is probably worth sticking to Axion for
the unit tests where we continually build/destroy dbs.

--
Jeremy

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
On Sep 8, 2004, at 9:49 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I have been tracking the Derby lists and brought it up there but did
> not get any comment. It already does XA and I believe they have a
> connector so there may not be much to do except a GBean wrapper.
>
> I would like to propose we switch to it rather than Axion for the
> embedded database we include in the distro. However, Derby takes quite
> a while to initialize a db so it is probably worth sticking to Axion
> for the unit tests where we continually build/destroy dbs.

+1

-dain