Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Christian Kaufhold <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2014/04/07 10:20:05 UTC

Entity linking in German texts

Hi,

I need entity linking in german texts. As I understand the documentation
this is not yet implemented in stanbol.
Are there any plans for the future to do this,
or is this something that a non expert Java developer can do within a few
month?

thanks
Christian Kaufhold
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek

Re: Entity linking in German texts

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

EntityLinking for German text does work fine. Named Entity Recognition
is not available for German. Also Proper Noun Linking is more hard as
in German all Nouns are written in upper case what makes it harder for
NLP to distinguish common nouns with proper nouns.

Linking nouns to a custom vocabulary does work perfectly. Also Proper
Noun Linking works ok, but might miss some Entities if they are
classified as common noun.

Just make sure that your Stanbol launcher does include the German
OpenNLP models (especially if you use the stable launcher - as this
one only include english models by default).

best
Rupert