Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by RAJESH SEGU <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/03 07:36:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Childs in PreFork model are continueously killed!

Hi !

I have written a module for apache.In the Request
Handler i have returned DONE at the end. When the
request handler function returns DONE or some where
around that, my apache child is getting killed saying
Segmentation Fault. This is happening only on some
ocassions. Manytimes it works well and radomly i am
facing this problem.

Sample:
[Tue Nov 02 21:53:48 2004] [notice] child pid 6007
exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I have even Log Messages to track the Problem, and
from the results i am clear that there is no error
with my C code or have not done any invalid
references. This has become a big problem for my
development.

Please help me as quick as possible.

One more small doubt, should i chk for NULL after i
allocate memory for a variable using apr_palloc.

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Childs in PreFork model are continueously killed!

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:36:38 -0800 (PST), RAJESH SEGU
<ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have written a module for apache.In the Request
> Handler i have returned DONE at the end. When the
> request handler function returns DONE or some where
> around that, my apache child is getting killed saying
> Segmentation Fault. This is happening only on some
> ocassions. Manytimes it works well and radomly i am
> facing this problem.
>
> Sample:
> [Tue Nov 02 21:53:48 2004] [notice] child pid 6007
> exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>
> I have even Log Messages to track the Problem, and
> from the results i am clear that there is no error
> with my C code or have not done any invalid
> references. This has become a big problem for my
> development.

Well, it is almost sure that this *is* some error with your module, or
triggered by your module.  You should run apache under a debugger to
find exactly where the seg fault is occuring and what is causing it.

Note also that there is an apache-modules mailing list that is a good
resource for module developers.  You might want to try there.

Joshua.