Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ec...@tonbeller.com on 2003/12/15 14:44:48 UTC

web administration tool and tomcat-users.xml

user administration with the "Tomcat Web Server Administration Tool"
(/admin)

a) umlauts
No umlauts are supported. Try to enter "Käsbär". The xml encoding is
always utf-8. For Western Europe it should be "iso-8859-1". Even if I set
this encoding in the xml file it is overwritten by the web gui

b) users cannot be deleted
there is an action in the drop down box that adds checkboxes to the user
table but nothing happens on "save"

Thanks
Eckard

RE: web administration tool and tomcat-users.xml

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
There is a real, bigger problem.

Without looking at the source, my guess is that the parameters are not
being parsed correctly and they are being treated as ISO-8859-1 and not
UTF-8. This can happen when there is a mismatch between the character
encoding sent from the browser, and the encoding used by the
application.

The real solution would be to make sure that the application is using
the right character encoding.

Maybe one of the committers can find this.