Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <Fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2005/02/08 16:54:46 UTC

RE: Error in using Derby and Cloudscape as Adapter

Hi,

I tried to run the runtimetest on Derby for Torque 3.2-dev (cvs HEAD) this
morning, and it did not pass. Cloudscape as adapter also did not work. I
would not trust anything which does not pass the runtimetest, i.e. 3.2-dev
does not support derby yet.
Note that this does not necessarily mean that derby does not work in the
3.1-Branch (I just didn't try it)

I will try to fix the HEAD, but dont expect it too soon (about 1-2 weeks).

   Thomas

FROM: "Ely Rances" <er...@exist.com>

Exist Softwarelabs
Hi,

We are currently using derby torque adapter.
We have set one of our properties file, adapter to derby,
and used the derby-torque from HEAD and build with the
following jar files as result:
1.) torque-3.2-dev.jar
2.) torque-gen-3.2-dev.jar
3.) maven-torque-plugin-3.2-dev.jar

After running our application.
It did not connect to the derby database, instead we came with the
following errors:

      There has been an Error!
      Reason:
        java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER):
There was no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection default

      Get/Post Data:
            template  = ShowError.vm

      Stacktrace:

          java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER):
There was no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection default
             at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.initClass(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:154)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserPeer.(BaseTurbineUserPeer.java:128)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineUserManagement.getUser(TurbineUserManagement.java:136)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedUserManagement.getUser(JetspeedUserManagement.java:59)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:188)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:64)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:134)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:59)

However, when we tried setting cloudscape in one of our properties file,
(as adapter).
It was able to connect to derby database, but we encountered the following
errors:

      There has been an Error!
      Reason:
        org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.LoginException: Failed to get
anonymous user: : Failed to retrieve roles : SQL Exception: Comparisons
between 'INTEGER' and 'CHAR' are not supported.

      Get/Post Data:
            template  = ShowError.vm

      Stacktrace:

          org.apache.torque.TorqueException: SQL Exception: Comparisons
between 'INTEGER' and 'CHAR' are not supported.
             at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.throwTorqueException(BasePeer.java:236)
             at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.executeQuery(BasePeer.java:1550)
             at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1391)
             at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1368)
             at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:369)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelectVillageRecords(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:337)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.doSelect(BaseTurbineUserGroupRolePeer.java:306)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineRoleManagement.getRoles(TurbineRoleManagement.java:123)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.JetspeedRoleManagement.getRoles(JetspeedRoleManagement.java:64)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getRoles(JetspeedSecurity.java:299)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.SecurityCacheImpl.load(SecurityCacheImpl.java:85)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.JetspeedSecurityCache.load(JetspeedSecurityCache.java:66)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(TurbineAuthentication.java:193)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedAuthentication.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedAuthentication.java:64)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser(JetspeedSecurity.java:134)

             at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:59)

It seems here that with cloudscape as adapter, it retrieves the inserted
INTEGER data as CHAR?
Has anyone of you encountered such errors, especially the latter
one(cloudscape) ?

TIA