Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Damon Rand <Da...@cybermagic.co.nz> on 2002/11/15 12:02:32 UTC

svn:ignore not ignored?

Hi there,

  Perhaps I am misunderstanding svn:ignore but.. Why do I still see backup and .local files in my svn status??

Regards
Damon..

-------------

C:\Inetpub\amnesty.org\sources\java\notesutils\trunk>svn propget svn:ignore .
*~
*.local

C:\Inetpub\amnesty.org\sources\java\notesutils\trunk>svn status
_M
M      NotesUtils.jpx
M      NotesUtils.jpx.local
M      NotesUtils.jpx.local~

Re: svn:ignore not ignored?

Posted by Rafael Garcia-Suarez <ra...@hexaflux.com>.
"Damon Rand" <Da...@cybermagic.co.nz> wrote:

> C:\Inetpub\amnesty.org\sources\java\notesutils\trunk>svn propget svn:ignore .
> *~
> *.local
>
> C:\Inetpub\amnesty.org\sources\java\notesutils\trunk>svn status
> _M
> M      NotesUtils.jpx
> M      NotesUtils.jpx.local
> M      NotesUtils.jpx.local~

Looks like those *.local/*~ files are under version control.
svn:ignore is to ignore files that aren't under version control from
being displayed as "?    foo~" by svn status.