Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Mancinelli Elodie <el...@bull.net> on 2006/08/21 15:42:14 UTC

How can I lost message?

Hi all,

I have make a client-server with sandesha2 and I want to test the waste
of messages. For this, I put the server and the client on differents
computers and I unplug the Network cable but I'm not sure it's really a
good solution. Furthermore, messages, which are send during the
disconnection, are never send back.
How do you test the WSRM? How do you lost messages?

I change the value of markers present in the module.xml file but I don't
find a good configuration because messages nerver send back.
Here is my configuration:
     <wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval>3000</wsrm:AcknowledgementInterval>
      <wsrm:RetransmissionInterval>6000</wsrm:RetransmissionInterval>
      <!-- '-1' conveys that there is no limit to the max. number of
retransmissions.-->
      <wsrm:MaximumRetransmissionCount>-1</wsrm:MaximumRetransmissionCount>
      <wsrm:ExponentialBackoff>true</wsrm:ExponentialBackoff>
      <wsrm:InactivityTimeout>-1</wsrm:InactivityTimeout>
      <wsrm:InactivityTimeoutMeasure>seconds</wsrm:InactivityTimeoutMeasure>
      <wsrm:InvokeInOrder>false</wsrm:InvokeInOrder>
      <!-- These will not be overriden by service level policies -->
      <wsrm:MessageTypesToDrop>none</wsrm:MessageTypesToDrop>
Do think that my configuration could be bad and stop the sending of
messages?

Thanks you for your time.

Regards

Elodie

Re: How can I lost message?

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Elodie,

If the link fails Sadesha2 keeps retransmitting messages. Accoding to ur
configurations there is no limit on the number of retransmissions. So
messages that get lost due to the network disconnection should be sent when
the link comes up again.

Since you have mentioned the ExponentionBackoff property to true. The
affective retransmission interval will increase after every transmission.

Chamikara

Re: How can I lost message?

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Elodie,