Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be> on 2013/01/28 00:47:01 UTC

RTMPS woes

Hi all,

been trying to get SSL rolling following the docs on
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html

I doublechecked everything but conecting to the OM site produces a "try
1", "try 2" etc and ends in NetConnection.Connect.Failed

The red5 console says:

[WARN] [NioProcessor-19] org.red5.server.net.rtmps.RTMPSMinaIoHandler -
Exception caught Keystore or password are null

the keystore is in "RED5_HOME"/conf and the passwords works.

While capturing the packets I see a lot on 443, so HTTPS seems OK and
jsut a fiew on 5443, so my guess is that RTMPS has a problem.

The only step I did not do in the docu was:

7. Create additional certificate as described above. Add this
certificate to the following keystores: red5/conf/keystore.screen and
red5/conf/keystore.

as it is not very clear. Do you need to create a new CSR and next a new
CRT? Because that makes no sense. Or do I need a new keystore named
keystore.screen and import the same certificates?

Thx for clarifying this,

BC

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
I had a customer test on Safari on Mac, works flawless. Conclusion: it's
limited to Linux.

RE: RTMPS woes

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Ok, I get the same results on Debian Wheezy using FF and Chromium, both fail with Legit Cert. – Windows FF and IE work fine.

I’ll take a better look tomorrow and see what’s going on there.

Cheers

					Well, it did seem to be an effect of the path: the error message disappeared once I changed

					<property name="keystoreFile" value="conf/keystore">
					into
					<property name="keystoreFile" value="/data/openmeetings/conf/keystore">

http://www.codetwo.com

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
OpenSuse 12.2

RE: RTMPS woes

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
Thx Stephen,

RE: RTMPS woes

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
Hi Stephen,

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.
Just a follow-up and a report on where the problems were:

- while testing in my own network, I used the server's hostname to
connect to OM - turns out you HAVE TO use the same name as in the
certificate. This was a bit surprising as this is not the case with
secured Apache - it will just throw an error message about the
certificate, but leave you the choice to continue. I guess the flash app
cannot do that.
- I'm not 100% sure, but my impression was that self signed certs indeed
do not work. I have official certificates now in any case and that works
fine.
- at one point I made a mistake by nog changing the RTMPS port correctly
in red5.properties
- the documentation at
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html differs from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools
. My guess is that the latter one is better, because it is more recent.
These docs are for Ubuntu and Debian, but I installed on SLES 10,
without having to do anything differently.

RE: RTMPS woes

Re: RTMPS woes

Posted by Bart Coninckx <ba...@telenet.be>.

Re: RTMPS woes