Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Hubertus Groepper <hu...@groepper.com> on 2004/07/03 22:58:47 UTC

Issues with blog publication

After a while I took a look at the blog publication again. I
encountered some issues. My setup: lenya from CVS as of today, cocoon
2.1.5, tomcat 5.0.16. Client is Safari 1,2,2 and Firefox 0.9.1 on Mac
OS 10.3 (de). Server is Debian. According to Firefox, encoding is set
to UFT-8.

Some random observations:

1. Create two new entries with the same id. The second entry will
overwrite the first one without warning.

2. Create a new entry with <empty> ID and normal title. Lenya comes up
with a box titled "New Entry" and no contents. Some kind of error
message would be useful.

3. Create a new entry with "special" characters (ß, ä, ö, ü etc.) in
the ID field and "normal" characters in the title field. Results vary:
For id=schöne_scheiße (any title will do) an entry will be created on
disk and will show up on the index, but at the wrong position (not
topmost). Link to entry won't work, because character encoding for the
folder on disk is wrong (like Ã? for ä or ö).
For id=länge_läuft an entry will be created on disk but won't show up
on the index. There is no warning / error messages.
I apologise for offensive wording which is due to lack of fantasy.

4. Umlaute in the title appear as in 3. (Ã? for ä etc.) when creating a
new entry.

5. Umlaute in the title are displayed correctly when using "edit with
forms". Both title fields (create entry/forms editor) should yield the
same output IMHO.

6. Entry with_underscore in the ID field are sorted the wrong way with
new entries beeing added at the end of the index page.

7. Adding a title to an entry that does not yet have a title: click on
[a] to edit makes the rest of the forms editor disappear using Safari.
In Mozilla, the title fields contains the source code of the missing
parts of the forms editor:

<input type="image" src="/lenya/lenya/images/editor/delete.png"
name="&lt;xupdate:remove
select=&quot;/echo:entry/echo:summary[@tagID='tag.1.4']&quot;/&gt;"
value="true" /> <input type="image"
src="/lenya/lenya/images/editor/edit.png"
name="edit[/echo:entry/echo:summary[@tagID='tag.1.4']]"
value="/echo:entry/echo:summary[@tagID='tag.1.4']" /></td>

[snip]

Not sure what I like better.

8. Click on + Content Block (application/xhtml+xml) in the forms editor
brings up

RELAX NG Validation failed:
/opt/tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/blog/work/editor/authoring/
entries/2004/07/03/testeintrag/index.xml.validate.unnumber:21:44:
error: element "content" from namespace "http://purl.org/atom/ns#" not
allowed in this context

Also, edit boxen are really small.

9. Click on either Debug -> Feed or Debug -> Body in the main menu of
the index page:

An Error Occurred  h1 { color: #336699; text-align: left; margin: 0px
0px 30px 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
border-style: solid; border-color: #336699;}  p.message { padding: 10px
30px 10px 30px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 130%; border-width: 1px;
border-style: dashed; border-color: #336699; }  p.description {
padding: 10px 30px 20px 30px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
border-style: solid; border-color: #336699;}  p.topped { padding-top:
10px; border-width: 1px 0px 0px 0px; border-style: solid; border-color:
#336699; }  pre { font-size: 120%; }  An Error
Occurredorg.xml.sax.SAXException: Unable to map
"http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
+ stacktrace

Debug -> Feed on an entry page seems to work.

10. In the Admin section, all strings are in German (which is correct
according to my language settings), whereas the authoring area
everything is in English.

hubertus

Re: Issues with blog publication

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hubertus Groepper wrote:
> After a while I took a look at the blog publication again. I
> encountered some issues. My setup: lenya from CVS as of today, cocoon
> 2.1.5, tomcat 5.0.16. Client is Safari 1,2,2 and Firefox 0.9.1 on Mac
> OS 10.3 (de). Server is Debian. According to Firefox, encoding is set
> to UFT-8.
>
> Some random observations:

[...]

Hubertus, thanks for these comprehensive and detailed reports!

I won't address them now (I'm not that familiar with the blog
publication), but the Umlaut problems might be caused by recent
changes to the serializer declarations. I don't think we should
switch back but rather try to fix the problems. Maybe I'll find
the time to look at it next week.

BTW, if you're sure you found a bug, feel free to enter it
in Bugzilla!

-- Andreas

Re: Tomcat versioning

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.
Hi!

It does not yet answer your major question, but:

>> I couldn't find a way to search the 'gmane' archives so this may already
>> have been covered.

Seems like nobody can. (Including myself.) There is a way better system
available at http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/. Just for future reference.

>> Does "LE" mean "Specially for Lenya"?  Is this to include the Lenya
>> endorsed versions of xalan and xerxes?

No. As far as I remember it means something like "Light Edition" and refers
back to the ancient years of JDK 1.3.x where there were no XML parsers at
all in the JDK. Since JDK 1.4.x there are, but they won't work for Lenya.

In case you have rented a slot in a shared Tomcat somewhere this will not be
the best environment to run Lenya unless by chance the provider has set up
the same endorsed libraries in Tomcat that Lenya needs. This might be the
case but still if you go live nobody will prevent you from the provider
upgrading the Tomcat endorsed libraries to newer ones which might break
Lenya as well. (I remember having seen that with some Xalan or Xerces that
was just too new.)

I think endorsed libraries are always global to Tomcat (i.e. all its
contexts), aren't they?

Torsten

Re: Does Lenya works with Tomcat 5.0.19 ?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Enrico Ballarin Dolfin dijo:
> Hi,
>
> does somebody know if Lenya works also with tomcat 5.0.19-13 (as found in
> SuSE
> 9.1) instead of with tomcat 4.1.29 LE ?

Yep. It works. I use tomcat 5.0.25 with lenya and no problems.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Does Lenya works with Tomcat 5.0.19 ?

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:

> does somebody know if Lenya works also with tomcat 5.0.19-13 (as
> found in SuSE 9.1) instead of with tomcat 4.1.29 LE ?

Yes it does.  I'm using with Debian unstable.

--
JP

Does Lenya works with Tomcat 5.0.19 ?

Posted by Enrico Ballarin Dolfin <eb...@innopark.ch>.
Hi,

does somebody know if Lenya works also with tomcat 5.0.19-13 (as found in SuSE
9.1) instead of with tomcat 4.1.29 LE ?

Thanks
Enrico

Tomcat versioning

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Hubertus Groepper wrote:

> After a while I took a look at the blog publication again. I
> encountered some issues. My setup: lenya from CVS as of today, cocoon
> 2.1.5, tomcat 5.0.16. Client is Safari 1,2,2 and Firefox 0.9.1 on Mac
> OS 10.3 (de). Server is Debian. According to Firefox, encoding is set
> to UFT-8.
>
> Some random observations:
>
> 1. Create two new entries with the same id. The second entry will
> overwrite the first one without warning.

please, do an enhancement bug (within bugzilla)

> 2. Create a new entry with <empty> ID and normal title. Lenya comes
> up  with a box titled "New Entry" and no contents. Some kind of error
> message would be useful.

I think this is the serializer problem.

I think we should switch back to the previous serializers.

> An Error Occurred  h1 { color: #336699; text-align: left; margin: 0px
> 0px 30px 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px 0px;
> border-style: solid; border-color: #336699;}  p.message { padding:
> 10px  30px 10px 30px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 130%;
> border-width: 1px;  border-style: dashed; border-color: #336699; }
> p.description {  padding: 10px 30px 20px 30px; border-width: 0px 0px
> 1px 0px;  border-style: solid; border-color: #336699;}  p.topped {
> padding-top:  10px; border-width: 1px 0px 0px 0px; border-style:
> solid; border-color:  #336699; }  pre { font-size: 120%; }  An Error
> Occurredorg.xml.sax.SAXException: Unable to map
> "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
> + stacktrace

again, serializer problem :-(

Michi

> Debug -> Feed on an entry page seems to work.
>
> 10. In the Admin section, all strings are in German (which is correct
> according to my language settings), whereas the authoring area
> everything is in English.
>
> hubertus

Michael Wechner