Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Christophe Thi�baud <ct...@stylo.it> on 2001/02/19 09:42:36 UTC

missing onmousexxx attributes of img tag in struts-html.tld

the onmouseover, onmousedown, etc. attributes of the tag
img, class org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag, seem to be missing from the
struts-html.tld file.

am I correct or am I missing something ?

Re: missing onmousexxx attributes of img tag in struts-html.tld

Posted by Jim Richards <gr...@cyber4.org>.
At 10:38 AM 19/02/01 +0100, Christophe Thiébaud wrote:
>> > the onmouseover, onmousedown, etc. attributes of the tag
>> > img, class org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag, seem to be missing from the
>> > struts-html.tld file.
>>
>> Those particular events are generally handed with an anchor tag around the img tag.
>>

>Thanks for the answer. The anchor will be fine for me.

Internet explorer handles those events for almost any element within a
page. Netscape Navigator haowever does not. So, yes wrap it with
an anchor tag.

--
Kumera - a new Open Source Content Management System
for small to medium web sites written in Perl and using XML

Re: missing onmousexxx attributes of img tag in struts-html.tld

Posted by Christophe Thi�baud <ct...@stylo.it>.

Posted by Michael Westbay <we...@seaple.icc.ne.jp>.
Thi??aud-san wrote:

> the onmouseover, onmousedown, etc. attributes of the tag
> img, class org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ImgTag, seem to be missing from the
> struts-html.tld file.

Those particular events are generally handed with an anchor tag around the img tag.  I don't have my JavaScript handbook on hand right now, but I don't think that those events are there.  (There are similar ones, but I'm pretty sure that onmouseover and onmouseout were not among them.)

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/