Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 08:07:49 UTC

How to manage resource out of index?

I used to store full text into lucene index. But I found it's very
slow when merging index because when merging 2 segments it copy the
fdt files into a new one. So I want to only index full text. But When
searching I need the full text for applications such as hightlight and
view full text. I can store the full text by <url,full text> pair in
database and load it to memory. And When I search in lucene(or solr),
I retrive url of doc first, then use url to get full text. But when
they are stored separately, it is hard to managed. They may be not
consistent with each other. Does lucene or solr provied any method to
ease this problem? Or any one  has some experience of this problem?

Re: How to manage resource out of index?

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.
thank you.

Posted by Rebecca Watson <be...@gmail.com>.
hi li,