Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by zillakilla <zi...@sogetthis.com> on 2011/04/06 17:35:27 UTC

Transaction time for successfull responses

Hi,
could anyone help with this request?:

I have a jmeter test plan which triggers an email, then 'waits' (in a loop)
for 5 minutes max for the email to arrive.
If the email does NOT arrive after 5 minutes, the loop is exited and the
test starts again (a new email is triggered)

I am using the Transaction controller to log the time it takes for the email
to arrive.

My problem is... if the email does NOT arrive the test exits the transaction
controller after 5 ,minutes but the 5 minutes waiting time is included in
the transaction time.

Is there any way to only log the transaction times of a successful loop?

I have tried using the beanshell post processor to get the time of the
transaction controller and store that value in a variable for the successful
outcome, but this doesnt seem to work.
I used this as reference
http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable-td3328587i20.html
How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable

Any ideas?

TIA,
Zilla

Re: Transaction time for successfull responses

Posted by zillakilla <zi...@sogetthis.com>.
Thx Sebb!!
I put a counter to track the email requests and added it to the end of the
transaction controller name:

how long for email to arrive TC - ${emailCounter}

this way I have an independant time for each email

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 April 2011 16:35, zillakilla <zi...@sogetthis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> could anyone help with this request?:
>
> I have a jmeter test plan which triggers an email, then 'waits' (in a loop)
> for 5 minutes max for the email to arrive.
> If the email does NOT arrive after 5 minutes, the loop is exited and the
> test starts again (a new email is triggered)
>
> I am using the Transaction controller to log the time it takes for the email
> to arrive.
>
> My problem is... if the email does NOT arrive the test exits the transaction
> controller after 5 ,minutes but the 5 minutes waiting time is included in
> the transaction time.
>
> Is there any way to only log the transaction times of a successful loop?
>
> I have tried using the beanshell post processor to get the time of the
> transaction controller and store that value in a variable for the successful
> outcome, but this doesnt seem to work.
> I used this as reference
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable-td3328587i20.html
> How-to-get-transaction-time-into-a-user-defined-variable
>

> Any ideas?

Configure a Listener to log only successful responses.