Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anita Srinivas <sr...@tecin.mu> on 2002/04/17 15:00:24 UTC

indexing

Hi,

I am a newbie..

I am testing by writing a jsp file where I convert Pdf files to txt which works fine(xpdf-windows version). Next I want to index these files so as to include the new txt files in the index.

I typed the following at the cmd prompt
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index indexpath ..

This works fine

But when I call the command prompt frm jsp and execute this command. It does not include the new txt files.

Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong?

Regards,
Anita Srinivas

Re: indexing

Posted by Anita Srinivas <sr...@tecin.mu>.
The command is as follows :

I change directory to (for eg - xyz) and I invoke this command from jsp file

Process pr2 = rt2.exec("cmd /c start java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index ../../../../opt/lucene/index
../../../fdj/admin/");

It doesnt work. It gives  me classdefnot found error :
org.apache.lucene.demo .
But at the command prompt, from xyz directory :

"java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index
../../../../opt/lucene/index ../../../fdj/admin/ "

works fine.  Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Anita

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>