Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/11/16 14:32:24 UTC

SSL WSDL2Ws options

Hi Folks,
there are some options on WSDL2ws for ssl ->

      -c<none|ssl>           channel security (ssl|none) - default is none

What do they do? Why does a user have to decide at this time whether their
service is securty enabled or not? Sounds wrong to me?

cheers,
John.

John Hawkins

Re: SSL WSDL2Ws options

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Yes we can safely remove these code from wsdl2ws tool and other places
since we are usin https in the url to identify secure requests
thanks
damitha

--
Damitha Kumarage
hSenid Software International (PVT) Ltd

Re: SSL WSDL2Ws options

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Thanks Samisa,

I'll raise a JIRA and if no comments I'll go ahead.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             17/11/2004 09:20          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: SSL WSDL2Ws options
             Developers List"

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: SSL WSDL2Ws options

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
In the Call class we have:
int AXISCALL initialize(PROVIDERTYPE nStyle, int secure);
and
int openConnection(int secure);

The secure parameters in these methods are not used at all. Ideally they have to be removed from
the code to avoid confusion. The WSDL tool option must have been based on these parameters.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have seen this secure option in the code and I think they are no more operational.
>
> There was an effort for SLL implementation in 1.0 (and may be in 1.1) and this option was for
> that. But later this was deprecated by the new transport astract layer desing and this option is
> no more valid with the new transport desing we have.
>
> As the latest efforts on SSL support is independent of the generated code (which is the correct
> way to support channel security) I think we can very safely get rid of this WSDL2Ws tool option.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> --- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi, does anyone know where these came from or what they do?
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              John
> >              Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
> >              MGB                                                        To
> >                                        axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
> >              16/11/2004 13:32                                           cc
> >
> >                                                                    Subject
> >              Please respond to         SSL WSDL2Ws options
> >               "Apache AXIS C
> >              Developers List"

> > Hi Folks,
> > there are some options on WSDL2ws for ssl ->
> >
> >       -c<none|ssl>           channel security (ssl|none) - default is none
> >
> > What do they do? Why does a user have to decide at this time whether their
> > service is securty enabled or not? Sounds wrong to me?
> >
> > cheers,
> > John.
> >
> > John Hawkins

> http://my.yahoo.com