Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 09:58:55 UTC

Fwd: Article about Apache Whirr

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Subject: Article about Apache Whirr
To: sysadvent <sy...@googlegroups.com>

Hi guys,

I am thinking about writing an article about Apache Whirr [1] The
upcoming 0.7.0 release (hopefully official next week) has a lot of new
and useful features like Chef & Puppet integration, ability to deploy
Ganglia, ability to deploy Hadoop + Mahout clusters etc.

BTW if you want to try 0.7.0 RC0 you can find the artefacts here:
http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.7.0-candidate-0/

What do you say?

I think Apache Whirr simplifies a lot the task of setting short-lived
Hadoop clusters for periodical data processing and also the setup of
development clusters.

[1] http://whirr.apache.org/