Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org> on 2000/01/05 00:50:37 UTC

approving messages

So I've been moderator-approving lots of messages to this list recently
from what appear to be non-subscribers who downloaded the distribution and
are looking for support queries.  I am working on getting a bug database
up (anyone who wants to help write a servlet-based bug database, please
contact me privately), so I figure this is a short-term situation.
However, it occured to me that you might want someone other than me acting
as the "moderator", so if it's a question that's already been asked, you
could answer it directly rather than rebroadcasting the question over and
over to the tomcat-dev mailing list.  It appears to be 4-10 messages/day
of this nature.  Does anyone want to take on this task?  If not, should I
just allow non-subscribers to post to the list?

	Brian

Re: approving messages

Posted by Co...@eng.sun.com.
> of this nature.  Does anyone want to take on this task?  If not, should I
> just allow non-subscribers to post to the list?

I think it would be a good ideea - the only problem is the spam, but everyone

gets it anyway.

Costin

RE: approving messages

Posted by GW Estep <GW...@riva.com>.
Any reason not to user GNATS as the foundation of this?  I just started
looking for this type of product for our internal development efforts and
came across GNATS which seems to have a lot if not all of the functionality
we need.

Just wondering,

GW