Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2016/12/02 23:35:23 UTC

How to generate two different javadoc aggregate jars?

I have a large multi-module project.  In the parent pom (which is not the aggregator POM), I'm using "maven-javadoc-plugin". It has two executions, both in the package phase, one for the "jar" goal, and one for the "aggregate-jar" goal.

This nicely generates a full aggregate Javadoc jar of all the (non-test) classes in the build.

What I need to be able to do is generate TWO Javadoc jars, one exactly as it's generating now, but another that covers a limited set of modules, and possibly excludes particular packages or classes.

I thought perhaps that this would require adding TWO "execution" elements, both for the "aggregate-jar" task, but with different configuration values.  This didn't appear to do anything.  It just generated a single Javadoc tree, for "all" the classes.

How do I get this done?

Re: How to generate two different javadoc aggregate jars?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/aggregate-dependency-sources.html
is the closest I could find.

Robert