Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lucian COZMA <lc...@iakt.rdsnet.ro> on 2001/08/24 15:07:03 UTC

need help. problems with an condition

I have a problem with an xsl:if in a .xsl file.

          <xsl:if test="/page/querystring/KT_FormState/text()='Detail'">
           <xsl:value-of select="page/querystring/KT_FormState"/>
          </xsl:if>

the condition never evaluates true.
Help !
Thanx.

the xml file looks like this:
<page>
<querystring>
 <value>
  <xsp:expr>request.getQueryString()</xsp:expr>
 </value>
 <KT_FormState>
  Detail
 </KT_FormState>
 <KT_recordId>
  1
 </KT_recordId>
</querystring>
</page>

Re: need help. problems with an condition

Posted by Jörg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Hi Lucian,

this is a general XML/XSL-problem and you should ask such problems to such a
list.
Furthermore this is one of the classical problems: the text-node of
KT_FormState contains line breaks because of your XML-file. I suggest to
rewrite your XML without such line breaks in the text-nodes:

<KT_FormState>Detail</KT_FormState>

Another help would be to test for "contains(/page/.../text(),'Detail')", but
maybe it's not exact enough.

Hope this helps,

Joerg