Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "BONNET, Frank" <fr...@esiee.fr> on 2014/02/14 14:10:15 UTC

Generate pkcs12 certificates from offical COMODO certs

Hello

I have officials certificates for apache2 from COMODO that I would like to

import into  tomcat (  pkcs12 ) if someone has links / infos to do this task

it would be a great help ( google doesn't help much )

thanks you

Re: Generate pkcs12 certificates from offical COMODO certs

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

On 15.2.2014 7:02, Frank BONNET wrote:
> seems to work without it !

I recommend that you always import intermediate certificates into the
keystore. If you don't, some clients / web browsers will find a way to
lookup for missing certificates, but others will fail.

Therefore, it is much better if you serve the complete chain (server
certificate + intermediate certificates) to the client.

If you are not sure if certificate chain served to the clients is
complete, there is plenty of on-line tools to check that for you.

-Ognjen

Re: Generate pkcs12 certificates from offical COMODO certs

Posted by Frank BONNET <fr...@esiee.fr>.
seems to work without it !
thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone.

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

Posted by "BONNET, Frank" <fr...@esiee.fr>.
Hello Ognjen

the intermediate cert in the one named "chain" right ?

*Frank BONNET*

Systemes UNIX et Reseaux

ESIEE PARIS

01.45.92.66.17 - 06.70.37.37.69

:

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Frank,

Posted by "BONNET, Frank" <fr...@esiee.fr>.
I need to convert/import from PEM format to P12

thanks