Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/11 22:38:30 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Tapestry

Apache Tapestry is a Java component-based web framework that features high
productivity, great code reuse, robust deployment, and terrific performance.

Any issues for the Board?

  There are no Board-level issues at this time.

When did the project last make any releases?

  The latest stable version of Tapestry (5.3.7) has been released
2013-04-29.
  We have made available the a series of beta builds of the upcoming 5.4
  release, (most recently, 5.4-beta-26, on 19 Jan 2015), following
successful
  votes. A release candidate vote has completed, and a first release
candidate
  will be made available in the next few days.

Describe the overall activity in the project over the past quarter.

  Activity on the user mailing list is slow. Questions are answered with
  participation of not only the core contributors but also by the community
  at large. Discussion focuses especially around new features of the
upcoming
  5.4 release. There are also frequent announcements concerning third-party
  libraries developed entirely outside the Tapestry team.

  Activity on the dev mailing list is medium.

  The focus of development currently lies on the upcoming Tapestry 5.4 which
  will bring major improvements in JavaScript support and other new
features.
  At this point we are primarily looking at fixing bugs (from our large
backlog)
  and documenting the significant new features.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  Jochen Kenmade has been voted in as a committer on 25 Apr 2014, and
  subsequently been voted into the PMC (2 Mar 2015).

PMC and committer diversity

  PMC and committer diversity is good. To our knowledge no two committers
share
  the same employer. Levels of contribution vary over time.

Project branding or naming issues, either in the project or externally.

  No known issues.

Branding requirements progress:

 * "Project Website Basics: homepage is project.apache.org" - completed
 * "Project Naming And Descriptions: use proper Apache forms, describe
   product, etc." - completed
 * "Website Navigation Links: navbar links included, link to www.apache.org
   included" - License and Security links are missing
 * "Trademark Attributions: attribution for all ASF marks included in
footers,
   etc." - completed
 * "Logos and Graphics: include TM, use consistent product logo on your
site"
   - TM missing from logo
 * "Project Metadata: DOAP file checked in and up to date" - completed

Legal issues or questions:

  None.

Infrastructure issues or strategic needs:

  None.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Looking for Clojure engagements: coding, architecture, mentoring & more!

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship