Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Jack Tang <hi...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/17 08:19:11 UTC

Nutch and cluster search result

Hi nutch guys

Is it impossible cluster nutch search result and other search engine's
on the fly?
You can some info. here
http://blogs.msdn.com/msnsearch/archive/2005/04/13/407939.aspx.

Appreciate you time and comments.

Regards
/Jack

--
Keep Discovering ... ...
http://www.jroller.com/page/jmars

Re: Nutch and cluster search result

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Hi Jack,

Yes, you can cluster anything you want to with Carrot2's clustering
components. If you plan to build a meta search engine you'd also need
implement duplicate elimination somehow (via URL matching perhaps), but
this is trivial to achieve.

Carrot2 comes in open source version and we also sell a commercial
clustering plugin. We'll be happy to help you to integrate the
clustering plugin in your application (open source or commercial).
Contact with us directly (www.carrot-search.com) if you need any paid
consulting/ integration to be done.

Dawid
www.carrot-search.com