Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 20:53:48 UTC

KARAF - Where does it mainatain custom configurations

Hello,
I have installed some features that come pre-existing in KARAF (like
transaction/jndi/application etc). Also I have installed my own custom
features and some bundles.

I want to replicate the same changes to other developers' KARAF
installations. More so, I want to save the custom config to maven!

Where does Karaf maintain the config changes made by the user?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: KARAF - Where does it mainatain custom configurations

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Matt,

in addition you also can set the configuration for the configuration
admin inside your features.xml

regards, Achim

2011/9/19 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
> Hi Matt,
>
> the easiest way is to use ConfigAdmin.
>
> Karaf uses a combination of Felix FileInstall and Felix ConfigAdmin to poll
> files in the etc folder (pid.cfg format) and load the properties in the
> ConfigAdmin service.
>
> You can put your own custom properties file in the etc folder (for instance
> etc/my.application.cfg file) and load it in your bundles using Aries
> blueprint:
>
> <cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="my.application"
> update-strategy="reload">
>  <cm:default-properties>
>    <cm:property name="my.property" value="xxx"/>
>  </cm:default-properties>
> </cm:property>
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 09/19/2011 08:53 PM, Matt Madhavan wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I have installed some features that come pre-existing in KARAF (like
>> transaction/jndi/application etc). Also I have installed my own custom
>> features and some bundles.
>>
>> I want to replicate the same changes to other developers' KARAF
>> installations. More so, I want to save the custom config to maven!
>>
>> Where does Karaf maintain the config changes made by the user?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> --

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

*Achim Nierbeck*

Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: KARAF - Where does it mainatain custom configurations

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Matt,

the easiest way is to use ConfigAdmin.

Karaf uses a combination of Felix FileInstall and Felix ConfigAdmin to
poll files in the etc folder (pid.cfg format) and load the properties in
the ConfigAdmin service.

You can put your own custom properties file in the etc folder (for
instance etc/my.application.cfg file) and load it in your bundles using
Aries blueprint:

<cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="my.application"
update-strategy="reload">
   <cm:default-properties>
     <cm:property name="my.property" value="xxx"/>
   </cm:default-properties>
</cm:property>

Regards
JB

On 09/19/2011 08:53 PM, Matt Madhavan wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed some features that come pre-existing in KARAF (like
> transaction/jndi/application etc). Also I have installed my own custom
> features and some bundles.
>
> I want to replicate the same changes to other developers' KARAF
> installations. More so, I want to save the custom config to maven!
>
> Where does Karaf maintain the config changes made by the user?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Matt

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org