Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ravithej Chikkala <ra...@buffalo.edu> on 2014/03/11 18:35:11 UTC

How to make jmeter play the localhost access log with the delay based on time stamps

Hello All,

   I am trying to make jmeter replay my localhost log at same intervals
based on time stamps present in there.

  For this i made the following:

1) I created a sample csv file with below lines. This is generated by
processing localhost_access log file. First column is the delay i wanted
between each request and second is the request.

0,/myAPP/home5000,/myAPP/home5000,/myAPP/home

2) I created a thread group as shown in the image

[image: Inline image 3]

3) i added HTTP request as shown in image
[image: Inline image 2]

4) I created a csv data set config as below

[image: Inline image 4]

5)  I added constant timer with delay as input .I made it as child to Http
request sampler:

[image: Inline image 5]

6)Now when i hit play button i am not seeing the start time in sync with
the delay present in the csv file.

[image: enter image description here]

Can any of you point what am i doing wrong.

Thanks

Re: How to make jmeter play the localhost access log with the delay based on time stamps

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Look back at your last screenshot - the View Results in Table.
Notice that the start time of the third sample is 5000 ms + 1800ms
(response time of second sampler) after the second sampler.
This is because your timer is fed with the 5000ms which it must wait, and
the next sample will always run after the previous one has finished.

You should figure out a way to subtract the response time of the previous
sample off the timer.

Shmuel Krakower.
www.Beatsoo.org - re-use your jmeter scripts for application performance

Posted by Ravithej Chikkala <ra...@buffalo.edu>.