Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Nirmal JS <jo...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/08/29 09:50:33 UTC

Apostrophe problem with xalan 2.7.0

Hi everyone,

While using xalan 2.1.0 and xerces 1.4.3 jars, the out file will have
the “&apos;” in place of
“ ‘ “ Literal in input file.
When we use the latest version of xalan 2.7.0 and xerces 2.8.0, it will result
the same “ ‘ “ literal in out file,

The classes and methods that we suspected regarding this conversion are

OutputFormat format = new OutputFormat ("xml", encoding, indentResult);

format.setOmitXMLDeclaration (true);

serializer = new XMLSerializer (outputStream, format);

We need “&apos;” in output file, can anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards
Nirmal JS
joesnirmal@yahoo.co.in

Re: Apostrophe problem with xalan 2.7.0

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Nirmal

For XML output, only <, &, ", > will be escaped. If you want to escape ? ?
?, you can create your own
org.apache.xml.serializer.XMLEntities.properties file to replace the
default one.

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab