Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> on 2023/06/01 23:02:17 UTC

SAMBA "drive-path" question

I installed SAMBA and setup access to Windows Network File Share on Debian Guacamole server: /media/winshare

Opened 2 x Guacamole RDP session setting "drive-path" to /media/winshare works fine.

Both windows sessions can access the Windows Network share..

My question is will it scale to 100 x Guacamole RDP sessions, all with same drive-path = /media/winshare, or is there a limit on SAMBA/Guacamole drive-paths?

thanks Adrian

Re: SAMBA "drive-path" question

Posted by Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com>.
HI Nick,

>Just to be clear, there is no reason you need Samba in order to have
>the RDP drive redirection work correctly - this is completely internal
>to RDP and does not require Samba.

I understand - We normally set drive share to internal Guacamole Linux drive.

This special requirement is give RDP users access to Windows Network Drive when RDP session starts.

Setting the drive path to shared Guacamole server SAMBA mounted  Windows Network Drive, meets the requirement.

Is there a better Guacamole solution that does not require SAMBA drive-path?   Thanks Adrian

Re: SAMBA "drive-path" question

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 7:03 PM Adrian Owen <ad...@eesm.com> wrote:

> I installed SAMBA and setup access to Windows Network File Share on Debian Guacamole server: /media/winshare

Just to be clear, there is no reason you need Samba in order to have
the RDP drive redirection work correctly - this is completely internal
to RDP and does not require Samba.

> Opened 2 x Guacamole RDP session setting "drive-path" to /media/winshare works fine.
>

> Both windows sessions can access the Windows Network share..
>

> My question is will it scale to 100 x Guacamole RDP sessions, all with same drive-path = /media/winshare, or is there a limit on SAMBA/Guacamole drive-paths?

When you say, "will it scale to 100 x Guacamole RDP sessions," this
depends on what you mean. I don't think there will be an issue with
100 x RDP sessions accessing the folder, but how fast the access is
will depend upon the resources of the system running guacd, including
things like the underlying storage.

-Nick