Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Macgill <jr...@psu.edu> on 2003/05/20 20:43:46 UTC

b8-b9 reactor postProcessing behavior change.

(Posting again after re-subscribing under my current address, with any luck
it wont show up twice!)

Hi

I've just started to make the move from b8 to b9 for the geotools project
and a change in the generation of reactorProjects is causing my a problem.

In b8 only projects which built were added to the list, in b9 all projects
are added.

The problem is that I used a script in my main maven.xml file to generate a
build report so that I could tell at a glance with of the 20+ sub projects
had built and which had not.

 From looking at the cvs logs the change (about 2 months ago) was
deliberate and was probably done to help the generation of web sites so I
guess moving back is not an option.

What may be an option is two additional variables, reactorFailedProjects
and reactorSuccessfulProjects.

I'm happy to work on a patch to do this if it is considered worthwhile, if
its not then I'll find another approach (I think I may be able to do it
with postGoals...)

In case your interested the script I used to generate the report looked
like this:
  <maven:reactor
       basedir="${basedir}/geotools-src"
       includes="*/project.xml"
       goals="clean,jar:install"
       banner="Building"
       postProcessing="true"
       ignoreFailures="false"
     />

     <j:set
       var = "ok"
       value = "${reactorProjects}"
     />

     <maven:reactor
       basedir="${basedir}/geotools-src"
       includes="*/project.xml"
       postProcessing="true"
       ignoreFailures="true"
     />

     <j:forEach var="module" items="${reactorProjects}">
         <j:set var = "status" value = "failed"/>
         <j:forEach var="item" items="${ok}">
             <j:if test="${item == module}">
                 <j:set var = "status" value = "installed"/>
             </j:if>
          </j:forEach>
          <echo>Module ${module} : ${status}</echo>
     </j:forEach>

All the best

James