Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dimuthu Leelarathne <mu...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2002/10/08 09:07:46 UTC

Role of BaseTypeMappingRegistry in SymbolTable

Hi all ,

In the problem of "Replace SchemaUtils/DOM with JaxMe's Schema Parser?"  I
have been studying how axis manage the schema stuff.

The method "addTypes(URL context, Node node, int level) " sets the
Type-information into the Symbol Table. I read through the code and figured
out this is where eventually parser.run would end up in.

My question is this. If "addTypes(URL context, Node node, int level) "
method handles all these things what does the SymbolTabel has to do with a
BaseTypeMappingRegistry.  A BaseTypeMappingRegistry is required in the
constructor of the SymbolTable.

I am really gratefull for any input.

Thank you,
Dimuthu.

Re: Role of BaseTypeMappingRegistry in SymbolTable

Posted by Dimuthu Leelarathne <mu...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi all,

I posted this message a day before and now I found an answer.

BaseTypeMappingRegistry is used for the purpose of checking whether it is a
type in the defaultTypeMappingRegistry. If the type is there no problem
because Serializers and Deserializers are inbuilt.

The answer was right under my nose.

Regards,
Dimuthu.