Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2014/11/17 16:06:28 UTC

javadoc update

Hello team,

our online javadoc are stuck at the 0.20-SNAPSHOT. I think it's time for
an update. :)

I was looking into how to do it and was pointed to
http://markmail.org/thread/wtmbakbedycqh6l4 However it doesn't generate
the javadocs and was looking into the poms for hints.

We have the following situation:

jackrabbit-oak$ mvn clean site -P site-with-javadocs

will generate the javadocs under oak-doc/target/site/apidocs

Running instead

jackrabbit-oak/oak-doc$ mvn clean site will generate the site itself
from the markdown.

Assuming the above is the expected behaviour, how should we deploy then
the javadocs?

Cheers
Davide

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 18/11/2014 11:00, Michael Dürig wrote:
> On 18.11.14 9:56 , Davide Giannella wrote:
>> I think that now the procedure for fully update the javadoc and website
>> should be the following:
>>
>> oak-doc$ mvn clean site
>> reactor$ mvn site -P site-with-javadoc
>>
>> (tested locally and works)
>>
>> reactor$ mvn site-deploy
>>
>> (not tested yet)
> +1 this should work. Let's adjust the readme accordingly. Although it
> is a bit of a workaround I think it is fine for the time being as this
> is more of an administrative task we don't do too often.
I tried yesterday but the deploy deployed only the site and not the
javadocs. I have an idea on how to solve it for good. Will try it out
and if it works will create an issue for tracking and asking your review.

D.

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 18.11.14 9:56 , Davide Giannella wrote:
> On 17/11/2014 16:52, Michael Dürig wrote:
>> This broke it:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1562870&r2=1562869&pathrev=1562870
>>
>> And you have to run from the reactor. Not from oak-doc as I wrote
>> earlier.
>>
> I think that now the procedure for fully update the javadoc and website
> should be the following:
>
> oak-doc$ mvn clean site
> reactor$ mvn site -P site-with-javadoc
>
> (tested locally and works)
>
> reactor$ mvn site-deploy
>
> (not tested yet)

+1 this should work. Let's adjust the readme accordingly. Although it is
a bit of a workaround I think it is fine for the time being as this is
more of an administrative task we don't do too often.

Michael

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Re: javadoc update

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Hi Davide,

The Process is described at
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/blob/trunk/oak-doc/README.md
and should still work.

In a nutshell:

     cd oak-doc

build the site with Javadocs,

     mvn site -Psite-with-javadoc

review the site at oak-doc/target/site
and deploy the site:

     mvn site-deploy

The process will take quite a while though.

Michael