Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2013/01/10 04:00:10 UTC

Re: ant task ftp

Hello Joe,

this looks like a bug or incompatibility between ant and this new version of commons-net.

It would be good if you can create a bug report in bugzilla ( http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla )

What would be great is if you could start digging in the source code of ant and commons-net to understand why the ftp does not work with commons-3.2.jar.

Does the build hang ? Is there an extra dependency which is missing ?

Patches are welcome :-)

Regards,

Antoine

Re: ant task ftp

Posted by Joe Black <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

When I run it with the new version commons-net-3.2, there is no error. But even if there is a file on the ftp server, it was not downloaded. The process completed without raising error.
I even tried to run with debug and compare the two versions. The only difference is that with the old version, the file was downloaded.

I will put the commons-net-3.x.jar in the ant/lib directory. Just by swapping the 3.1 and 3.2 version, the result is different.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I am not good enough to dig the source codes. However, I will try more to see what I can find out.

with best regards,