Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io> on 2019/02/08 18:00:42 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-308: GetOffsetShell: new KafkaConsumer API, support for multiple topics, minimize the number of requests to server

Hey Arseniy,

Do you plan on continuing the work for this KIP?
I would gladly take over. I find myself needing the GetOffsetShell tool to
work on secured cluster time and time again, I had even implemented a
duplicate JIRA (KAFKA-7373
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-7373>) about it once.

Thanks,
Stanislav