Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Rajeev Arora <Ra...@rci.rogers.com> on 2005/11/28 21:06:41 UTC

Annotation types without processors

I am getting this error while building a Jdbc Control. I am using beehive Relase 1.0.

      [apt] warning: Annotation types without processors: [org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControl.ConnectionDataSource, org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControl.SQL]

Code sample:

@ControlExtension
@JdbcControl.ConnectionDataSource(jndiName="java:comp/env/jdbc/exDB")
public interface TestControl extends JdbcControl
{
    @JdbcControl.SQL(statement="insert into test (id, name) values ({id}, {name})")
    int newTestCase( int id, String name ) throws SQLException;

Re: Annotation types without processors

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Rajeev--

  You can safely ignore this warning.  The Java 5 annotation
processing tool reports this when it finds annotations that aren't
explicitly associated with a specific annotation processor.  These two
(ConnectionDataSource and SQL) are not explicitly registered with the
JdbcControl, but they're still processed by the appropriate annotation
processor.

  Feel free to open a JIRA bug here:

    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE

and we'll look at suppressing the warning in a future release.

  Hope that helps!

Eddie