Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Patrick McAnneny <pa...@leadkarma.com> on 2015/08/27 18:11:06 UTC

Hive on Spark

Once I get "hive.execution.engine=spark" working, how would I go about
and want to load all of last weeks data in spark memory, is this possible
or even beneficial? Or am I thinking about hive on spark in the wrong way.

I also assume hive on spark could get me to near-real-time capabilities for
large queries. Is this true?

Re: Hive on Spark

Posted by Patrick McAnneny <pa...@leadkarma.com>.
What is the benefit of Hive on Spark if you cannot pre-load data into
memory that you know will be queried.

Re: Hive on Spark

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.