Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Foxton <pa...@network-sol.com> on 2001/09/19 11:55:09 UTC

RE: Question on conf

try this:

<context path="/gundam"
         docbase="/webapps/gundam"
         crossContext="false"
         debug="0"
         reloadable="true" >
</context>

this assumes your gundam web app directory is under webapps, not ROOT - the
usual way to do it.

you would then access this app through the URL
http://your_domain:8080/gundam/

If you want to access it with http://your_domain:8080/

set it up like this:

<context path="/"
         docbase="/webapps/gundam"
         crossContext="false"
         debug="0"
         reloadable="true" >
</context>

The only change from the first one is the 'path' entry.

Is there any particular reason you need your app below ROOT? Usually you
would create a new directory below webapps for an app.