Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Xybrek <xy...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 08:50:34 UTC

No "LDAP Perspective" for Eclipse after plug-in install

Hi, I've been struggling to install Apache Directory studio for eclipse,
however after install there is no LDAP perspective, I've tried
installing both in Win32 and Linux.

I've installed from this update site:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x

The installation did not encountered any problems.

Am I missing some steps?

Re: No "LDAP Perspective" for Eclipse after plug-in install

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/11 1:09 PM, Linus van Geuns wrote:
> Hey  Xybrek,
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Xybrek<xy...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 04:02 PM, Linus van Geuns wrote:
>>> Hey Xybrek,
>>>
> [..]
>> BTW, I am really new to LDAP and Active directory, and I'm trying to create
>> a "New LDAP connection" with the plugin but I am not sure what to put with
>> "Bind DN or user" and "Bind password"
>>
> Maybe, you should start by asking for a introduction to LDAP itself
> before you start fiddling about.
> I do not have any links at hand, but I think you will get some
> pointers from others on this list.
>
> Regards, Linus

Google could provide many links to many LDAP tutorial. There are also
quite good books about LDAP.

And Linus is right : before jumping off the boat in the sea, starts by
learning how to swim...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: No "LDAP Perspective" for Eclipse after plug-in install

Posted by Linus van Geuns <li...@vangeuns.name>.
Hey  Xybrek,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Xybrek <xy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 04:02 PM, Linus van Geuns wrote:
>>
>> Hey Xybrek,

[..]

Posted by Xybrek <xy...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 04:02 PM, Linus van Geuns wrote:
> Hey Xybrek,
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Xybrek<xy...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi, I've been struggling to install Apache Directory studio for eclipse,
>> however after install there is no LDAP perspective, I've tried installing
>> both in Win32 and Linux.
>>
>> I've installed from this update site:
>> http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x
>>
>> The installation did not encountered any problems.
>>
>> Am I missing some steps?
>>

> did you install the correct plugin?
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/installation-in-eclipse.html
> (version numbers in those screenshots are out of date)
>
> After installing the LDAP browser plugin, there is no "LDAP" perspective at:
> "Window" =>  "Open Perspective" =>  "Other"?
>
> Regards, Linus

Hi, I don't know what happened just now, but LDAP perspective is ok now,
I just placed my laptop into hibernate state then after resuming its ok.
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Posted by Xybrek <xy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Linus van Geuns <li...@vangeuns.name>.
Hey Xybrek,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

What version and distribution of Eclipse are you installing Apache Directory Studio on?

Have you tried the RCP version for your particular OS?
Is it failing as well, or does it work properly?

What's your JVM vendor and version?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud