Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by brian <br...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/24 21:35:01 UTC

hadoop under cygwin

Hi,

I have followed the hadoop quickstart under cygwin, but have come to a
roadblock when I try to start up hadoop:

$ bin/start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/apache/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.1/bin/../logs/hadoop-brian-namenode-wynn6266448332.out

localhost:/bin/bash:
/cygdrive/c/apache/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.1/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such
file or directory

The error seems related to a carriage return  after logging into the
same machine()'localhost' through ssh, running hadoop as a  pseudo-cluster

Thanks
Brian